Here is Sienna on the 24th wearing a tutu and green slippers from Grandma's stash in the closet.

All 31 "stockings were hung by the chimney with care."I loved decorating the house this year eagerly looking forward to the children and grandchildren's arrival. The Christmas tree theme was candy canes and the little ones could hardly keep their hands off of the tree. I let them eat the canes after Christmas.


Here is my new Santa Clock that I got for my birthday from Dave. :)




We awoke early on Christmas morning. The kids opened Santa's gifts and gifts from thier parents. Around 3PM the rest of the family came over and we all opened gifts from Grandpa and Grandma and to each other. We ate a ham and funeral potato dinner but it just didn't feel right without lasagna on Christmas day. The first time in all of my 57 years of not eating it! But that is because we were celebrating Christmas with the extended family on the 26th and eating lasagna then. We did have over 40 people here and everyone actually sat at a table to eat. It was crazy! We watched videos from the family reunion and ate lots of goodies (including fudge!) afterwards. It was great to see all the neices and nephews and their children.

Kamrie and Ella enjoying their gifts.
>

Sienna and her new Cabbage Patch Newborn. Dallin and his new toy.


Kamrie and Ella enjoying their gifts.
>

Sienna and her new Cabbage Patch Newborn. Dallin and his new toy.
Bailey and her Mom were dressed in the same top. Brynn also had on the same top.


Dominic opening his truck.



Dominic opening his truck.
Hailey opening presents.

Here are the grandkids posing in their PJ's and matching blankets that I made for them. Hannah will get one next year and Dominic got a blanket last year.I could not believe my luck that all the PJ's fit!

Here are the grandkids posing in their PJ's and matching blankets that I made for them. Hannah will get one next year and Dominic got a blanket last year.I could not believe my luck that all the PJ's fit!
On Dec.28th, the kids held a belated birthday party for me since we are never together for my birthday. I got to have my favorite dessert which is hot fudge sundaes and some of my favorite people surrounding me. :)




We had an absolute blast on New Year's Eve playing Hide-and-Go-Seek in the dark at our house. Then we played a snap and clap game and other games with the grandchildren and their parents. It was alot of fun and laughter. All of us managed to stay up and welcome in the new year (except the twins )
This is the last day, Jan. 2, 2010 and I am saying goodbye to the little sweeties, Bailey, Brynn and Hannah.
5 comments:
What a WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS we all had! We MISSED you Kerrie & family!
Your house looked amazing Donna! I can tell there was a lot of hours put into decorating and I don't envy you in the taking it down department!
I still can't get over ALL the SEWING you did! You are a super grandma!Sam looks so cute in her nightgown she LOVES snuggling in her blanket, I'm jealous!Oh, and David LOVES his! He has been sleeping with it ever since!
Nice job on the blog, I need to visit mine, it's only been about a year or so.....
My kids keep talking about how much fun they had in California. Thanks for hosting all of us. We loved the gifts, the food, the entertainment, and most of all, hanging out with the family. Thanks for such a great time. We miss you all already.
I echo Hollie and Jill's comments. I think our children will always remember the good times they had this Christmas. Your house was beautiful and felt very festive. My children love their blankets and jammies and have been sleeping with them every night. The food was too good, and I have the extra pounds on to prove it. Thank you for hosting us all...we love visiting!
I'm so glad that we got to go to California for Christmas. I had a lot of fun playing games with you guys...especially hide and seek in the dark. You are such fun grandparents!
How is it possible that you all had so much fun without us? j/k. It sounds like it was a Christmas to remember. We missed you all too. Hopefully next year we'll get to see some family. By the way, I LOVE the pj/blanket sets. You'll have to make one for Allie some time in the future...I'm sure she'd love it.
Post a Comment