Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Reception

Its finally over. We've been working on the yard for months and it turned out beautifully. The weather was almost perfect, a little warm around six but cooled down quickly. People stayed until 9PM. There were at least a hundred people there at one time and we had no problem with crowding or parking it seems. Dave and I were thrilled to see so many people from Park Ward. It really felt like home again. We felt blessed to have such a sweet couple, Kari Busath Neilsen and Eric Neilsen have their reception in our yard. Dave and I worked very hard for days before and the day of but it was worth it.






Top left is the receiving line in front of the casita. Barbara and Merry Leverton serving punch and dipped strawberries by the family room window.


Left; some of the table were in the back. This is before it was decorated. We painted the wood and caps on top of this gazebo thingy.










Don't know who that is in the photo. Looks like he is saying a prayer.
The cake was in the kitchen on our table. (Notice that we painted the top of the seating area a lighter color.) It was a good tasting cake with different flavors for each layer.


Here is Julia and Annie working hard on the food table. It looked beautiful and was in the patio area with the fans. They did an awesome job. They served: sandwich wraps; fruit and veggie trays with cream cheese dips; baked Brie cheese with a pastry wrapping and crackers. They also had dipped strawberries (which I pigged out on) and green sherbet punch.





These are some of the people in the yard. The colors were sage green and cream. Virginia sat by the pool and acted as a pool watcher because there little ones who loved the water.



. This is the side of the house by the gate. We put Virginia's fountain in with a crape myrtle tree, petunias and gallardia with black bark. It looks alot better than before. The gate has been painted and we put ivy and tulle on it. The front of the house had white poles with ivy chains leading to the side so people wouldn't go in the front door. I'm glad its over. Now on to the next project, staging and painting Virginia's house to sell.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was hoping you would post pictures soon after. Looks like it turned out beautifully! Now you can relax. I bet it was nice to see all your old friends.

Scott said...

Great job on the backyard! It looks very beautiful. Kari looked beautiful as well. I wish I could have been there.

Hollie said...

How neat is it that you can host a wedding reception in your backyard! Did you ever dream of doing somthing like this in your entire life? You are so blessed. Your home is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Wow- what a beautiful place to have a wedding reception. The bride and groom are lucky. The paint job looks great and the flowers are beautiful!