Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Not too much happening


Well, this photo of Tigger is about how we are all feeling lately in the cold January, February weather. But, I noticed buds on our trees and my daffodils that I planted last Oct. are coming up! Also my hyacinths in the back yard are growing. I will post photos when they bloom. Dave and I joined 24 hour fitness and we had our first work out. Boy am I out of shape! The worst in my life. I lasted twenty minutes on the treadmill (the kind that has the base moving up and down). My knee also gave me a few problems. We had to switch three times to different machines before I found one that didn't hurt. Well, we have goals of losing 25 lbs each by the end of the summer and getting in better shape. I will show before and after photos when we reach our goals.

4 comments:

Scott said...

I,too, feel like Tigger does with all the snow that's been around here. You'll have to let us know how your workouts and diets go....and give me some advice on how I can lose 10 lbs.

JIll said...

Well Tigger,that about sums it up for me too.I am soooo ready for spring!I actualy can't wait to go out and work in our yard and pull weeds.Thats great that you guys joined the gym,good luck, but just take it easy with that knee.

Anonymous said...

We had a glimpse of spring today...the weather was up to 75. It was gorgeous. Unfortunately, it will be back down to the 50's later in the week.

I'm proud of you for being so motivated and joining the gym. I wish I could say I am motivated too. You'll be 25 lbs lighter when I see you in May and I'll be 25 lbs heavier. Be careful with that knee...don't push yourself too hard.

Hollie said...

I can't even imagine what 75 degrees feels like right now. It was a high of about 40 today and I actually was feeling "hot" in my coat when I walked Kamrie to the bus stop today. This is our warm spell for a few days before the next storm. We might actually hit 42 this weekend. The boys went to school wearing their hoodies instead of jackets this morning. Jarin and I laughed that only in Utah do people dress down when it's no longer freezing temperatures. Hey, you might even see someone in shorts soon if the 40s keep up.