Thursday, February 21, 2008

She's a HE!

Look at those cute paws :) Tigger doesn't like looking at the camera.

OK, I know, I know. Another post about Tigger. But hey, this is my baby now. Anyway, I finally took her to the Vet and found out that She is He! Someone owned him before and got him fixed! Thats why I was unable to figure out what sex Tigger was. We had an interesting trip to the vet. I borrowed Bet's kitty transporter to put Tigs in. He wasn't happy in there and I locked the little gate and put him in the back of the Toyota. About half way I hear a loud sound in the back and figure that Tigs rolled the cage over. But then I look in my rear view mirror and there he is with his paws on the back bench and ears flat and wild eyed. I'm thinking, "Oh crap, I'm in trouble. He's out of the cage. (Have no idea how he opened the locked door. Smart cat.) I was close and so I kept going knowing full well that within seconds Tigs would be in my lap. I watched as he climbed over the first bench and then jumped into the passenger seat and put his paws on the dashboard and looked out the windshield. I must have looked like some crazy "pet lover" who allowed her cat to help drive because then Tigs was in my lap and trying to get out my window while I was driving down Grantline Blvd! Luckily, I was three blocks from the Vet and I threw him into the passenger seat and got there in one piece. Then the challenge was trying to get Tigger back into the cage without him escaping. I did it and Tigger was actually very well-behaved while the Veterinarian checked him out. He's about 2-3 years old. I feel sorry for whomever paid for him to be neutered and then lost him. Anyway, he has no fleas and is very healthy. Thank goodness because he now sleeps under my bed. (Sometimes he climbs up and sleeps between Dave and I.) But as soon as it warms up, Tigs will be outside again at night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny that he got out of the cage. He is a smart kitty! I'm glad to hear he's healthy and young! Allie loves these pictures of Tigger.

PS Allie keeps asking to go on an airplane to see you guys. May is just not soon enough.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you finally found out that Tigger is a he. I never knew what to call him. What did he go to the Vet for? He is a very smart cat for getting out of a locked cage.....good thing he didn't cause an accident.

Anonymous said...

Funny that she is a he! I thought he was just a stray cat. Smart kitty to get out of the cage. I'm glad you have a little pet that you love, and doesn't ruin the backyard. Post a picture of your new dining room when you get it.

JIll said...

That is funny story!I would have loved to have been driving by you and seeing Tigger in your lap.Well, I am glad we finally now know what to call him!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.